Peter Vardy Newsroom
- Peter Vardy (10)
- Aberdeen (6)
- New Model (4)
- Model Launch (4)
- Peter Vardy Aberdeen (3)
- Jaguar Aberdeen (3)
Paws For Thought
Let’s be honest… our pets rule the roost! While the dog has always been man’s best friend recently we have developed a culture of pampered pooches, mollycoddled moggies & fussed after fish.
With the rise of doggie hotels & cat strollers (yes, really) we are more concerned about the welfare of our furry friend’s than ever. In fact, in a recent study by Confused.com/K9 Media found that 90% of owners took their pets out in their cars twice a week or more & that their pet was the paramount deciding factor when selecting a new car. To make things easier we at Peter Vardy have compiled the following list to help ensure wagging tails. Complete with comprehensive 1- 5 pet approval doggy rating:
#5 - The executive choice for the business class pet, Vaxuhall Insignia
- Large family estate ensures that family, friends & felines fit comfortably.
- Low ride height & three quarters opening boot allow for easy entry regardless of the pet.
- Gigantic 540 Litres boot means you can pack in the weekly shop, your pet and all there accessories with ease.
- Cruise Control, parking sensors & electric parking brake mean that you get to enjoy the drive just as much as your pets.
Browse available Insignia’s here.
#4 - Lovers of the outdoors and prone to a bit of dirt Nissan Qashqai is tough and rugged to take you wherever the adventure leads
- 430 litre boot with Luggage board system allows you to raise or lower the boot to meet any pet requirement.
- Increased ride height makes countryside walkies easier, taking away the worry of damage to your vehicle.
- Hard wearing easy wipe interior ensures your boot stays pristine for longer.
Find available Qashqai’s on our site here.
#3 - For those always on the go Vauxhall Mokka in 3rd place is our top pick for you
- Compact crossover that is only marginally larger than a Corsa but benefits from raised ride height ensuring you experience the best of both SUV & hatchback vehicles.
- Featuring cruise control, climate control, automatic headlights, rain sensing windscreen wipers & parking sensors making it a relaxing drive for all passengers.
- Great low priced pet accessories available to spoil your best friend including pet guard and hammock.
Find available Mokka’s on our site here.
#2 - Vauxhall ADAM hits the spot for the fashion conscious furry friend
- Perfect city car for the dog about town.
- Fully customisable interior, designed to please even the most demanding pet.
- Great fuel economy, low insurance group & low road tax means you have more money left over to pamper your pooch.
- Touch-screen intellilink infotainment system lets you upload various music and sat-nav apps, with the sort of swipe functionality you’d find on a smartphone.
Find available ADAM on our site here.
#1 - In the top spot Vauxhall Zafira
- With 7 Seats, 29 possible seating combinations and more space than most minivans the Zafira if the hands down favourite among pet owners.
- All the stress is taken out of travelling with its electric parking brake, parking sensors & cruise control making light of any situation.
- Low running costs & great value for money lets you look after the bank balance, giving you more money to pamper your pets with
- Thanks to its flex7 and the ability to fold flat its back two rows you get an impressive 1,820 litres boot space (who needs a horse box eh?)
Find available Zafira’s on our site here:
So there you have it. Our guide to the best cars to ensure you and you beloved fur baby travel in comfort and style.
Browse all our vehicles on-line to find the perfect car to suit your pet.