COVID-19 Business Updates
We Are Open!
We are pleased to announce that Following the recent announcement by the Scottish Government, our indoor showrooms are now fully reopen. We have taken extensive safety measures such as Thermo-Scanners and one way systems to keep both our guest and colleagues as safe as possible.
Our goal is to be easy to do business with so if you prefer to deal with us remotely you can also purchase your car from the comfort of your own home. Simply browse our choice of used cars online, build your deal, apply for finance and then arrange home delivery or instore collection. You can even build as much of your deal online as you like and then pick it up where you left off in store.
Take a look at all of the different ways you can deal with us below.
Click & Collect
Mobile Sales Advisor
In line with Government advice, our Dealerships will remain open for all service, maintenance, MOT & repair work as these services are regarded as essential.
- We can offer you a ‘drop and go’ service where our concierge will meet you in the car park to collect your vehicle, always remaining 2 metres away and exchanging keys by collecting them from your seat.
- We will also continue to offer collection and delivery where we will collect your vehicle from your home or workplace, and return it to you once the work has been completed. We will continue to provide this service however it may be in high demand during this period so we would encourage you to book in advance to secure a space. We have stringent health and safety measures in place for the delivery team.
- We have fitted protective screens in our courtesy lift vehicles to provide a safe barrier between the driver and passenger and this allows us to drop you off safely should you need a lift to a local destination. We have increased our bookings for this service too and again would encourage you to book this in advance to ensure we can accommodate you.
- The Service area of the dealership only will be open and will have enhanced safety measures e.g. temperature scanners, safety screens and full PPE is available shoudl you wish to wait on site.
- Your vehicles will be fully sanitised during the visit and sealed before handover at the end of the visit.
While You Wait
Drop & Go
Collection & Delivery
We appreciate that the overall economic position has put pressure on family budgets, so we’ve launched a number of PV Cares offers for both sales and service to help reduce financial pressures:
- We have offers so you can buy your next car with nothing to pay for 3 months.
- You can sell your car to us via goodbyecar.uk
- We’ll do all we can to get the finance deal that’s right for you – more than 9 out of every 10 guests who apply for finance are approved.
- We can split the payments of any service or repair work over 4, 6 or 10 months with Peter Vardy Drive Now Pay Later
- We have service plans available for all makes and models which allow you to spread the cost over 12, 24 & 36 months at discounted parts and labour rates - our service plans start at an incredible £9.99 per month
Is it safe to visit your dealership?
We have increased the frequency of the cleaning of our public areas to maintain hygiene standards and we’ve deployed additional hand sanitiser stations.
We also have state of the art temperature checking sensors at the entrance of all of our dealerships to help both guests and colleagues.
Continuous risk assessments are in place to protects our guests and colleagues.
We’ve made simple changes such as stopping shaking hands and ensuring that colleagues do not work in close-proximity to each other
What is your stance on the social distancing?
All of our teams have been trained around social distancing and will remain 2 metres away at all times.
Upon guidance from the WHO, it’s advised that contact be limited to 15 mins at a time. Whilst we appreciate that won’t always be possible when buying a car (test drives, sales process), we have put alternative solutions in place to limit contact with our dealerships should that be a concern to our guests.
Our solutions included, video walk rounds of the car (interior/exterior) in place of a physical test drive, explainer videos instead of this taking place at a handover and lastly the ability to buy a car online (including, trade in, finance and reservation) and get it delivered to your home.
What precautions will be taken when I test drive?
We will endeavour to limit the number of people that come into contact with the car – please note that the car will be cleaned after each test drive and prior to handover/deliver. Additional provisions we will have available include; hand sanitizer, gloves, steering wheel covers, seat covers and floor mats.
Guests will also now have the option to choose accompanied or unaccompanied test drives.
Whilst Accompanied Test Drives can now be offered, the following must be observed:
- The Peter Vardy Colleague and Guest must wear a mask
- When the weather permits, windows must be open sufficiently to allow ventilation.
- Sanitiser must be available for colleagues and guests
- As with unaccompanied test drives, cars must be fully sanitised before and after the test drive.
Can I buy a car without coming into the Showroom?
We’re always delighted to see guests in our showrooms but you can browse and purchase a car from the comfort of your own home online at; https://www.petervardy.com/
Will you collect my part exchange if I can’t get into the dealership?
Yes, we will collect your part exchange in the event you are unable to visit one of our dealerships.
Can my car be delivered to my home?
We can arrange for our expert Home Delivery Team to deliver your new car to your door. This is generally free but there may be a charge depending on your distance from the dealership.
We can defer your delivery until you are comfortable to either take delivery or let us deliver to you. Please be aware that if you have signed a finance agreement then this will be a live agreement and your first payment will still be due on the date you agreed. If you have a part exchange and you have signed your finance agreement, then we will still settle your finance on your existing car. If you have changed your Vehicle Insurance to commence on your new vehicle at the time you were due to collect your new car, you will need to contact your insurance company and cancel the change and leave your insurance live on your existing car until a new delivery time is agreed.
Can I still collect my car from your dealership?
Yes, you can complete your purchase online and choose to pick it up at our dealership either from our external sanitisation station or from inside the dealership
How do I pay?
We accept the following payments – Cash, American Express, Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Google Pay, Apple Pay and can also provide you with our bank details for you to complete a bank transfer.
Can you collect my car for servicing?
We remain firmly committed to providing Mobility for all, and in doing so we will be increasing our Collection & Delivery facilities and distances at each of our sites and in turn minimising your need for travel should you wish.
What cleaning measures will you take after my car has been serviced?
All common touch points in the vehicle will be deep cleaned thoroughly and any of our team will wear ppe whilst working on your vehicle.
What do I do if my MOT expires during lockdown?
The government has stated that vehicle owners who's MOT expires before 30 March 2020 should still endeavour to get their MOT test donw however, if your MOT due date expires from 30 March 2020 it will be extended by 6 months.
If my Vehicle fails its MOT will the extension apply?
No, your vehicle will not get an extension to its MOT due date if it did not pass it's test.
Who can i contact with questions?
We’re here to help so please contact us via the below methods if you have any further quereies we can help with:
- Phone: 03334560505
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org