COVID-19 Business Updates
Becoming The Safest Place to Buy
Our priority since the start of the Covid Pandemic has been to keep guests and colleagues safe. As of the 13th of January the First Minister has now announced that all of mainland Scotland will enter tighter Level 4 restrictions – we appreciate that the priority right now is keeping everyone safe but wanted to update you on the impact this announcement will have on the services we can provide across our Peter Vardy dealerships.
In line with Government advice our Dealerships will remain open for all service, maintenance, MOT & repair work as these services are regarded as essential.
In line with Government policy our sales showrooms will now be closed, however we have heated covered outside areas available at each dealership for click and collect or we can even deliver to your home or place of work
In line with Government policy our sales showrooms will now be closed, however, we are still able to offer click and collect services as well as home delivery. We will be taking extensive measures to ensure these outside areas are fully sanitised and Covid compliant. Any vehicles that are test driven will be sanitised post use.
You can purchase your car from the comfort of your own home at any time by simply browsing our choice of used cars online, building your deal, valuing your part exchange, applying for finance and then arrange home delivery or contactless click and collect at store.
If you would prefer to speak to someone then don't worry. We will also have advisors available via live chat, phone or video chat should you need them to assist in the purchase process or send you a video of the vehicle you are interested in.
Click & Collect
Mobile Sales Advisor
In line with Government advice, our Dealerships will remain open for all service, maintenance, MOT & repair work as these services are regarded as essential.
- We can offer you a ‘drop and go’ service where our concierge will meet you in the car park to collect your vehicle, always remaining 2 metres away and exchanging keys by collecting them from your seat.
- We will also continue to offer collection and delivery where we will collect your vehicle from your home or workplace, and return it to you once the work has been completed. We will continue to provide this service however it may be in high demand during this period so we would encourage you to book in advance to secure a space. We have stringent health and safety measures in place for the delivery team.
- We have fitted protective screens in our courtesy lift vehicles to provide a safe barrier between the driver and passenger and this allows us to drop you off safely should you need a lift to a local destination. We have increased our bookings for this service too and again would encourage you to book this in advance to ensure we can accommodate you.
- The Service area of the dealership only will be open and will have enhanced safety measures e.g. temperature scanners, safety screens and full PPE is available shoudl you wish to wait on site.
- Your vehicles will be fully sanitised during the visit and sealed before handover at the end of the visit.
While You Wait
Drop & Go
Collection & Delivery
We appreciate that the overall economic position has put pressure on family budgets, so we’ve launched a number of PV Cares offers for both sales and service to help reduce financial pressures:
- We have offers so you can buy your next car with nothing to pay for 3 months.
- You can sell your car to us via goodbyecar.uk
- We’ll do all we can to get the finance deal that’s right for you – more than 9 out of every 10 guests who apply for finance are approved.
- We can split the payments of any service or repair work over 4, 6 or 10 months with Peter Vardy Drive Now Pay Later
- We have service plans available for all makes and models which allow you to spread the cost over 12, 24 & 36 months at discounted parts and labour rates - our service plans start at an incredible £9.99 per month
Is it safe to visit your dealership?
We have increased the frequency of the cleaning of our public areas to maintain hygiene standards and we’ve deployed additional hand sanitiser stations.
We also have state of the art temperature checking sensors at the entrance of all of our dealerships to help both guests and colleagues.
Continuous risk assessments are in place to protects our guests and colleagues.
We’ve made simple changes such as stopping shaking hands and ensuring that colleagues do not work in close-proximity to each other
What is your stance on the social distancing?
All of our teams have been trained arund social distancing and will remain 2 metres away at all times.
Upon guidance from the WHO, it’s advised that contact be limited to 15 mins at a time. Whilst we appreciate that won’t always be possible when buying a car (test drives, sales process), we have put alternative solutions in place to limit contact with our dealerships should that be a concern to our guests.
Our solutions included, video walk rounds of the car (interior/exterior) in place of a physical test drive, explainer videos instead of this taking place at a handover and lastly the ability to buy a car online (including, trade in, finance and reservation) and get it delivered to your home.
What precautions will be taken when I test drive?
If you visit the dealership you can either have an unaccompanied test drive or one of our advisors will sit in the rear of the vehicle directly opposite the driver. We will also offer a test drive to you service where we can bring the car to a place convenient for you.
Can I buy a car without coming into the Showroom?
We’re always delighted to see guests in our showrooms but you can browse and purchase a car from the comfort of your own home online at; https://www.petervardy.com/
Will you collect my part exchange if I can’t get into the dealership?
Yes, we will collect your part exchange in the event you are unable to visit one of our dealerships.
Can my car be delivered to my home?
We can arrange for our expert Home Delivery Team to deliver your new car to your door. This is generally free but there may be a charge depending on your distance from the dealership.
We can defer your delivery until you are comfortable to either take delivery or let us deliver to you. Please be aware that if you have signed a finance agreement then this will be a live agreement and your first payment will still be due on the date you agreed. If you have a part exchange and you have signed your finance agreement, then we will still settle your finance on your existing car. If you have changed your Vehicle Insurance to commence on your new vehicle at the time you were due to collect your new car, you will need to contact your insurance company and cancel the change and leave your insurance live on your existing car until a new delivery time is agreed.
Can I still collect my car from your dealership?
Yes, you can complete your purchase online and choose to pick it up at our dealership either from our external sanitisation station or from inside the dealership
*Please Note: our dealerships have temporarily closed due to the Government advice - all vehicles will be available for collection once we reopen - a member of our sales team will be in touch with you to keep you informed*
How do I pay?
We accept the following payments – Cash, American Express, Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Google Pay, Apple Pay and can also provide you with our bank details for you to complete a bank transfer.
Can you collect my car for servicing?
We remain firmly committed to providing Mobility for all, and in doing so we will be increasing our Collection & Delivery facilities and distances at each of our sites and in turn minimising your need for travel should you wish.
*Please Note: Our dealerships have temporarily closed but get in touch and we can arrange collections for when we reopen."
What cleaning measures will you take after my car has been serviced?
All common touch points in the vehicle will be deep cleaned thoroughly and any of our team will wear ppe whilst working on your vehicle.
What do I do if my MOT expires during lockdown?
The government has stated that vehicle owners who's MOT expires before 30 March 2020 should still endeavour to get their MOT test donw however, if your MOT due date expires from 30 March 2020 it will be extended by 6 months.
If my Vehicle fails its MOT will the extension apply?
No, your vehicle will not get an extension to its MOT due date if it did not pass it's test.
Who can i contact with questions?
We’re here to help so please contact us via the below methods if you have any further quereies we can help with:
- Phone: 03334560505
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org