Peter Vardy Careers
At this exciting time for Peter Vardy Ltd, we are looking to appoint an awesome, motivated, and experienced Vehicle Technician/Mechanic for our Mini dealership in Edinburgh. Working within our award-winning service department, here’s the job in a nutshell;
To undertake vehicle servicing, fault diagnosis and repairs to an extremely high standard, working swiftly and efficiently to create a safe and productive environment. Your main duties will be to ensure that all vehicles you work on are in line with our World Class standards! We have a culture of customer (Guest) delight and you will want to be part of that!
In the job you will;
- Recover defective or damaged vehicles;
- Carry out testing and diagnostic work, interpreting repair order instructions and technical information;
- Plan necessary work and order parts to ensure vehicles are ready as promptly as possible;
- Carry out all service and repair work to company and manufacturer standards;
- Carry out MOT testing of vehicles and complete necessary paperwork in line with regulations if applicable;
- Accurately report vehicle faults and work carried out, for ease of reference by service reception;
- Train and mentor apprentices when required;
- Maintain correct warranty procedures in line with defined company procedures;
- Maintain knowledge of technical developments through attending training courses and developmental activities as required;
- Have loads of fun working with us
The ideal candidate will;
- Be customer oriented
- Be time served
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- Be quality focused & target driven
- Have problem solving skills
- Have decision making skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Hold a driving licence (essential)
We have excellent benefits too:
- Share Options – remember you’ll OWN part of PVL!
- Amazing trips to Vegas, Rio, New York up for grabs
- Fun work environment – there’s always something on the go…
- Family culture – one of our workstyles is ‘make friends’ and we have loads!
- Making a difference – have a voice in your company through the Partnership Council
- Giving back – doing good by coming to work – what’s not to love?
- 32 days holiday – a company that gives more than it ‘needs’ to J
- Award winning training/career development – Our Academy is already World Class!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay – yes you heard right!
- Discounted rates – get the benefits of working for a caring and sharing employer with exceptionally reduced rates and preferential purchase terms (for you and your family on brand new Vauxhall, BMW and Mini vehicles)
- Regular family activities & social events