Vehicle Technician - Vauxhall Kirkcaldy
At this exciting time for Peter Vardy Ltd, we are looking to appoint a highly motivated experienced Vehicle Technician/Mechanic for our Vauxhall dealership in Kirkcaldy. Your main duties will be to endure that all vehicles are prepared for delivery meeting company standards at all times. You will ensure that work is always to the highest standard as you seek to achieve consistently high customer satisfaction and repeat / incremental business.
· Recover defective or damaged vehicles in line with Service Manager’s instructions.
· Carry out testing and diagnostic work, interpreting repair order instructions and technical information.
· Discuss any work requiring specialist skills with the workshop supervisor/controller.
· Plan necessary work and order parts to ensure vehicles are ready as promptly as possible.
· Carry out all service and repair work to company and manufacturer standards, making effective use of time and resources.
· Carry out MOT testing of vehicles and complete necessary paperwork in line with regulations if applicable.
· Accurately report vehicle faults and work carried out, for ease of reference by service reception.
· Train and mentor apprentices when required.
· Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a safe and clean condition.
· Maintain correct warranty procedures in line with defined company procedures.
· Maintain knowledge of technical developments through attending training courses and developmental activities as required.
The ideal candidate should have exposure to working within the automotive industry and be time served.
o Excellent communication skills
o Time served technician
o Previous experience in a similar role
o Technical skills
o Quality focused & Target Driven
o Problem solving and decision making skills
o Customer oriented
o A driver’s licence is essential for this role
What makes us different?
At Peter Vardy we offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunity to join a highly professional team with the exceptional and exciting Vauxhall franchise. We are interested in growing our talent internally and are very proud of our colleagues. Every Peter Vardy colleague is entitled to a wide range of benefits, including:
Peter Vardy Partnership Share Options
Discounts on the purchase of new Vauxhall vehicles + Fantastic BMW vehicle leasing deals
World class incentives – like no other business!
Contributory pension scheme
Award winning training
Cycle to work schemes
Occupation sick pay scheme
Career development opportunities
Regular activities for the whole family
Giving back opportunities
32 days holiday (including your birthday off!)
Due to a high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.Back to listings