Trainee Service Advisor
Trainee Service Advisor – BMW Edinburgh
Peter Vardy is one of the UK’s leading Automotive Dealer Groups, the fastest growing motor retailer in Scotland and a multi-award winning organisation. With attainments such as recognition in the Sunday Times top 100 companies to work for, alongside a number of recent industry recognised awards.
Our vision is to create the world’s best motor retail operation, measured by our team, customers and investors. Due to this huge success in recent years, we are now looking to attract an Trainee Service Advisor for our award winning BMW dealership in Edinburgh.
We are looking for an organised and enthusiastic individual, capable of working on their own initiative and with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and with the ability to meet and exceed set targets whilst adhering to the departmental practices and procedures.
As a Trainee Service Advisor, your Key Objectives will be:
- Maximise service profitability through the use of professional sales techniques
- Sell additional products, services and repair works in a professional manner
- Ensure customer awareness of all products and services available
- Approach all customers and assist with requests, including requests regarding parts, vehicle sales and repair
- Maintain effective liaison with sales, parts and workshop teams
- Maintain a presence at the service reception desk, ensuring that all customer queries (whether in person or on the telephone) are answered or dealt with immediately
- Answer customer’s questions regarding technical problems in a manner that is easily understood and does not use excessive jargon, or find the appropriate member of staff to do so
- Pro-actively contact customers to update them on progress of work
- Notify customers promptly of completion of work
- Ensure account customers have sufficient credit to enable all work advised to be carried out as agreed
- Handle dissatisfied customers calmly and all customer complaints to be brought to the attention of the Service Manager
• Experience within the customer service sector.
• Effective and persuasive communicator
• Hard working with the ability to work under pressure
• Enthusiastic and dedicated approach to work
• Exceptional communication skills
• Basic computer skills
Previous experience in the motor industry not required, full training will be given.
Every Peter Vardy colleague is entitled to a wide range of benefits, including:
Discounts on the purchase of new Vauxhall vehicles
Exceptional and preferential purchase terms on BMW and MINI vehicles for you and your family
Peter Vardy Partnership Company share scheme
Contributory pension scheme
Award winning training
Introductory sales commission
Cycle to work schemes
Due to a high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted